June 1, 2022
2022 marks the fourth year of the Guan Ai Ling Chinese Education Scholarship. Over the past three years, we have received an overwhelmingly positive response from students and educators teaching Chinese from all over the United States and Canada.
We have been fortunate to sustain and even grow through the pandemic alongside our students and educators, all of whom have adapted to new methods for learning and teaching.
This year’s applicant class is our most diverse ever, coming from a wide range of regions and backgrounds:
- 80% of applicants were students and 20% were educators.
- Student applicants come from 4 Canadian provinces and 12 US states.
- Student applicants range from grades 6 to 12, with the majority in grades 7 to 9.
- 85% of student applicants study languages other than Chinese and English, including Spanish, French, Latin, Japanese, and Korean.
- Educator applicants come from 2 Canadian provinces and 11 US states.
- Educator applicants engage in a variety of education methods including private lessons, weekend Chinese schools, public high schools, university-level teaching, education management, and textbook compilation.
Based on the values of our scholarship – to overcome challenges, to study and apply diligently, and to spread Chinese culture – the team has selected the following winners of the 2022 Guan Ai Ling Chinese Education Scholarship:
14 students, each with a $500 scholarship
|刘禹彤 Iris Yu Liu||6th||密城现代中文学校||WI|
|张天诣 Aaron Zhang||7th||马里兰州希望中文学校波城校区||MD|
|赵韵晴 Vanessa Chiu||8th||快明中文学校 Silkway Chinese School||BC, Canada|
|殷倩兮 Lorraine Yin||8th||美洲中华中学校||CA|
|李枋桧 Fanghui Yoyo Li||8th||私教老师：Zhang Qing||CA|
|唐 瑞 Ray Tang||8th||石溪中文学校||NY|
|冯承翰 Albert Fung||8th||酷中文学校||NJ|
|游尚瑞 Melody Joy You||9th||私教老师： 刘玉华||ON, Canada|
|Jia Yee, Elyse Gellad||9th||Cary Chinese School||NC|
|陶佳雯 Emma Tao||9th||安多福步步高中文学校||MA|
|严心语 Sophia Yan||10th||华夏中文学校 – 李文斯顿分校||NJ|
|刘悉悦 Sheryl Liu||10th||华夏中文学校 – 李文斯顿分校||NJ|
|高郑皓 Zhenghao Gao||12th||丹佛长城中文学校||CO|
|田获稻 Hugh Tian||12th||华夏中文学校 – 休斯顿分校||TX|
3 educators, each with a $1,000 scholarship
|Ms. Ma, Ling||Instructor of Chinese, University of Alabama at Birmingham||AL|
|Mr. Hu, Wenzhong||Teacher，Ohio Contemporary Chinese School, the Chinese School Association in the United States (CSAUS)||OH|
|Mr. Huang Ruiming||Teacher, Winchester School of Chinese Culture||MA|
Some selected award certificates.
Congratulations to all of the winners! The scholarship management team would like to thank all applicants as well as friends and family who have supported them throughout the process.
The team welcomes donations to support this scholarship; all donations are welcome. We currently accept donations via PayPal or Zelle.